Tuesday, January 29, 2008

fire up the wheels.

Jan 28th. Monday

"Strong reason make for strong actions"
Wm. Shakespeare

WOD


20 mile bike ride.

Today was warm for winter, so it was as good time as any to start my spring training for the bike season. I tend to ride intermittently during the winter months as I do really don't like riding with all the cloths I own just to keep from truing into a moving corpse. The "Plan" is to crank up the work capacity on the bike slowly during the month of February, so when spring comes, I will be able to keep up with the pack. That usually means ride every opportunity as weather permitting outside, add some hill training but not go overboard, and eat and drink more during training. My first good ride did not feel that bad as I have been doing crossfit so my VO2 is good but Lactate threshold is far for where it should be to maintain a hard pace for 2-3 hours.

I don't think I want to train this year for long runs like century events and will keep to the 30-50 mile range. It not that I can't handle that length of ride, its just I loose interest after a couple of hours of riding, unless it is a great coarse.

The painting is of Greg LeMond one of my favorite riders. I even have one of his bikes I ride. There have been a lot of great riders to imprint off of, but Greg is the my all American favorites!

No comments: