Saturday, February 02, 2008

Loneness of long distance

Feb 2nd.
" we are made to persist, that is how we find out who we are."
Tobias Wolff


WOD 10K for time.
10, 000 meter on concept 2.
48: 20

I did the 10K session on the C2 rower as the landscape outside was inundated with an ice storm so footing was life theating. It worked out well as if I had run the 10k, my leg would have been beaten to shit, as it was in the past. Crossfit has made some new justification for the 10K workout, but it is a taxing session if you are not a seasoned runner of mile intervals as I believe it takes more than running sprints every so often to be able to run for 6 miles, and recover for the next day training. If I am going to run for 30 mins or more, I perfer X-country or trail runs, where there is favorable footing and less shock to the legs. I never was injured running on trails except for a twist or two but never layed up as I was running the track or roads.

No comments: