Sunday, February 17, 2008

make mine hard all the time.

Feb. `17th sunday.
" go heavy or go home"

unknown,

The quote " go heavy or go home" ; I don't know who first said it but it been voiced by my many serious trainers and even mullets. There is a lot to that simple statement, when you know that the best results to strength training, comes from using max weights and stress most of the time. Qualifying that, you can't train heavy every time you workout, so you have to recoup and rest sometimes. In the past I usually followed a heavy workout, and a light workout as part to the rest/recoup cycle, however I found that the "light day" was really a waste of time, doing low intency work thinking I was somewhat resting. Lately, I take the so called "light day" off and do nothing, and then go back to the hard training. This not only rests my body, but my mine as well.

WOD:
First session:
5 min of air squats: 392 squats
250 abmats
30 min. on roller at 120 RPMs

Second session:
50 reps 2-12kg front squats
50 reps 2-12kg swing and release
50 reps 2- 12kg renagade rowing
50 reps 2- 14kg cleans
50 reps 2- 12kg snatches
50 reps 2- 12kg long cycle clean a press.
11:14 min. at 15,000 lbs lifted. ( and it feels it so don't try this at home)
I only dropped the weigh or stopped three time, one on the snatch and two time for the long cycle. If I only did on or two of these I could use a lot more weight, but I would not have the volume.

No comments: