Saturday, February 09, 2008

Don't hang yourself

Feb 10 sunday:
WOD
Rowing for 1 hour. What! I think about 12K



Cabin fever is setting in due to weather or else why would I sit an row for an hour.


Feb.9th.
"The only difference in a rut and a grave, is its dimentions."
E. Glasglow

WOD
warmup: Liz for two rounds




Battling ropes for 2 mins.



"Kettlebell Slight Disconfort"(" KB death" is some punk ass statement...only an asshole goes that far)
For time 10,9,8,7,6,...........1 reps




2-24 Kg floor press.


2-36Kg. deadlifts(40 Kg the next time)


2-24kg power cleans


2-16kg speed press. (concentrated on the press so I rested between reps.) 20kg the next time.


21;14 min.


2-24kg suitcase squat: 3 sets of 5 (new exercise)

2-24kg power snatch: 3 sets of 5



Later in the day: one hour on the bike rollers. snowing outside.


I received my order of manila ropes quick from the Knot and Rope Supply co. , No I am not going to hang myself, nor will I be making a racial statement by making hangman's nooses. , its to set up for climbing,various pullup and kettlebell exercises. Also I got a 50' length of 2" for battling ropes like I first saw them used in Gym Jones last year.


John Brookfield has a good DVD and training system on the subject of using long heavy ropes for functional training, especially the grip. He also does seminars and certifications for thoes in need for a 1000 bucks!
The 3 lengths of 6' I will use for pull variations and kettlebell swings and rotational exercises. I also have a 20' climbing rope for outside when the weather gets better. Well the quality was good and all the ends were wipped and spliced as ordered. You can't go wrong when you get what you asked for.

Now when I set up for the battling rope exercise, I want to try it for one min. However one min. I just made before my grip was fried. However it feels great for a shoulder warmup. It seem to make a good warm at least, but it does effect the cardio compoent when you start to use the whole body to facilitate the motion of the ropes.






Feb. 8th. Rest day.

No comments: