Thursday, July 31, 2008

Kettlebells, Sandbags, what next!

Aug. 1th.


"Sports is the toy department of human life. "
Howard Cosell
WO du jour:
bands and joint mobility warm up:
set timer for 25 min. continuous work
5 Sumo high pull deadlift with 100 lbs.
10 Dumbell snatches with 50 lbs
10 pullups
10 sandbag front squats.65lbs.
20 situps with bands resistance
50 battling ropes.
Not an easy session as it looks. something in the mix really sets you back.
I received my Josh Henkin sand bag today, filled it and used it in a training session. My first impression is that because it has various handles with a longer length then my home made version, I should be using it a lot more in the future.
Sand bag training is new to me, so now I can use my creative juices on this new toy like I have done with my other devises of suffering.

July 31th
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it."
Henry David Thoreau
WO du jour:
joint mobility warm up:
20 mile bike ride at race pace. Have to remember to drink more as I tend to focus on the task at hand. However the legs felt great and never slowed down. 24MPH average. last 10 miles.
Have a nice day suffering and remember the mission is sacred.




No comments: