Thursday, July 24, 2008

Advanced age training.

July 23th.

This is a pic of Clarence Bass of "Ripped" fame. Looks the same the last 30 years.





"The young man knows the rules, but the old man knows the exceptions."
Oliver Wendell Holmes

WO du jour:
Lots of joint mobility for the shoulders for the heavy pressing and squatting volume.
10 sets of BB squats of 10 reps. ( I can still walk so it more weight next time)
10 sets of 5 reps Kettlebells. 16kg to 36 kg jerks. ( new record for 36kg at 5 reps both arms)
Later in the day a bag workout and 100 situps with bands.


as you grow older you most maintain a aggressive program of metabolic and resistance exercise. As a matter of reference, I do more training volume now then I did in my 20's and 30's. But then again I have the time and the need.
Have a great day suffering and remember the mission is sacred.













No comments: