Saturday, June 07, 2008

Kettlebells and crossfit for removing body fat.

June 7th.

"Believe you can, and you are haft way there."

Theodore Roosevelt



WO du jour:

Yesterday at a body wt. of 186 lbs ,a measured body fat level of 8%, and a resting pulse rate of 41 BPM,probably puts me high on the food chain of fit seniors. However, when I worked in a "big box gym" they never offered to have me work with other seniors as a trainer, opting for younger trainers. I don't really give a rats ass as I feel good and if you don't want my experience, then do what every you do and I continue to do what I do. Live is great!

GTG Pullups; 10-10-10 today

28 mile bike ride early in the morning as it was going to be hot today. As it was it was just very humid but had little effect on the ride, and did not even drink all my water. Yes, I only use water for fluid replacement, and not some sugar shit in a plastic bottles they sell as elemental fitness replacement. Its great to ride in warm weather to feel loose and flexible. Since I have low body fat from my Zone diet this year, I don't even feel the heat anymore. If this keeps up I will be a walking anatomy chart by the end of the year. I will of pay when winter comes although.

I have been an athlete since I was 5 years old when my father bought me my first set of ice skates so I can train for the Olympics. My father, god bless him, always want to be an Olympic champion, but the war got in the way so although he was world class, he never fulfilled his dream. Hence, he wanted me to give it a shot, if I had the will to be all you can be. Fast forward to my teens and I never really liked to speed skate, especially in the long track outside in below zero weather. I did alright because I was surrounded by world class skaters, but never wanted the Olympic status that much. All that being said, I never made my father proud. He gave up on me and found others to train, while I pursued my own ventures.
So after 50 years of exercise and sports, I still have not found one single sport that keeps my focus long enough to make use of my genetic potential my father said I should have except maybe, Kettlebells and Crossfit.
Have a nice day suffering and remember the mission is sacred.

No comments: