Thursday, June 19, 2008

Kettlebell, sand bags, barbells...hell add anything


June 19th

"He that will not apply new remedies, must expect new evils;for time time is the greatest innovator."

Francis Bacon


" WO du jour:

warm up with client.

set clock for 25,20,15,10,5, reps

SDLHP: 115#

Sand bag squat clean: 90# (that hurt)

jump rope DU 150,100,75,25,15 getting better

2 kettlebell long cycle cleans: next time 24 kg to add to the puck factor

pull ups: used light band but did straight pull ups to chest

abmats with legs hooked on DB

time was 21:29
Pumping the sand bag was a bitch I forgot when I added into the mixed session. At 90lbs it is not heavy its just the functional movement of cleaning and squatting the item that gets your attention. Don't get me wrong, I like the suffering and being surprised. I was even going to do it all again and restart the clock but I had to run an out for a mission.
Honestly I have not used sand bags that much, but considering how this felt, I will make more., Hell they don't cost much and they seem to get my attention.
I observed a personal training session for a young lady recently. Now the trainer was not doing anything counter indicated by standards, and gave the client full attention. However, she got what I call a pitifully workout which will yield almost nothing to advance her fitness or appearance. It just reminded me what is out there and why I and not there. the whole fitness industry need a wake up call and I think its coming. More latter.
Anyway, You all have a nice day suffering and remember, the mission is sacred.

1 comment:

Ed said...

Hey Ken, its Ed from BF. Been reading your blog daily for a while now. Pretty cool. Like the sandbag deal. Arms healing up good, almost back to 100%. That should remind you if you forgot who I am. Chris says hello. See you SOON.