Sunday, March 01, 2009

Training at the Jersey shore

March 1st.
Mike Stehle and Jim Milkowski of Crossfit Jersey Shore gave a first class workshop yesterday!

For the last couple of years I have been stealing some of the WOD's at the Crossfit Jersey Shore web site. It's not that I can't come up with my own or get them from the Crossfit Central web site, it mainly because Mike and Jim use a training strategy I have embraced myself. The fusion of crossfit, kettlebells, body weight and other functional equipment, executed in random and internal form is the most effective fitness method on the market today. So when I saw a workshop was being held, I signed up the day it was offered so I was assured a slot.

A lot of training material was covered in the workshop starting with kettlebells, then the use of body weight exercises, and all the functional training equipment which I call "my toys" . We also did a couple of good WOD sessions in crossfit fusion to give the attendees a flavor of what its like to do a effective training session. Mike and Jim double teamed the group session going through their methods of training clients so they can transition their level of fitness from beginning to advanced.

Well it was a long day of exercise, as you don't normally get the opportunity to workout for 7 hours, so it was great. Mike and Jim was able to keep everyones enthusiasm up throughout the day. Each workshop participant received a work book of all the techniques presented that day and lots of training routines or WOD for the crossfit crowd. This is a great value, so now I don't have to steal WOD's any more.

Crossfit Jersey Shore, has a good location, well equipped for all types of training, and a progressive training program. Thanks guys for a great day and continued success.

Have a great day suffering and remember the mission is sacred.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ken,

Thank you for the kind words.

You are a credit to your profession! Thanks for coming out! Jim and I both had such a great time. We love this profession as I know you do.

Nice blog, I'll link you up to us.

Mike