Thursday, May 29, 2008

Time to rehab every so often.....but not too often


May 29Th.



"In three words I can sum up what I have leaned about life; it goes on."


Robert Frost

WO du jour:
20 mile bike ride. easy pace

Good day to ride on the back roads for recovery. Not a hilly area but the roads are in poor condition so I took the MT bike and keep from racing and therefore no rehab. Weather is outstanding for a change!!

Rest and rehabilitation from training is something I never did get a good handle on all these years. Lately the nutritional part of my activities has been much better since I started with the Zone, so my rehab short and long term is much better even with some of the volume I have been trying as of late. As soon as I finish I get some food in the 40-40-20 range but mostly its 60-20-20.

Getting the right rest and necessary recovery time is something I may never perfect, but I don't feel as sore as in the past, and can perform what I need to do, so its getting better. sleep is still and issue for me because I am not accustomed to sleeping more than 6 hours as long as I can recall.

Have a nice day suffering and remember the mission is sacred.

No comments: