Monday, May 12, 2008

Everyday is a race to the finish

May 12th.


"show me a good looser, and I will show you a real looser."

Vince Lombardi







kettlebell/SWAT workout interrupted to change flat tire.






WO: du jour:

Warm up: bands, jump rope, joint mobility.

Double Kettlebell swings:

8kg x20
10 kg x20
12kg x20
16kgx20
24kg x20x5sets

one arm kettlebell high pulls:

24kgx20x5 sets

Kettlebell snatch:


16kg 200 reps in 5:14

Later in the day: 5000 meter on the C2 rower



The other day when I was out with the bike club, I developed a slow leak in the rear tire, so my coefficient of friction was not good and needed to have tube changed. Well, I did not want to stop and change a tire and break up a good ride, when all I had left is about three miles. I decided to see if I could get back to the starting point before the tire became unridable. So for three miles I pushed by pace as hard as possible, as time was the limiting factor. It worked and I was able to get back just before I was riding on the rims. I probably got more out of that then the previous 25 plus miles.

Remember have a nice day suffering and the mission is sacred.

No comments: