Tuesday, December 16, 2008

pump up the volume

Dec.16th.



You can just hold so much!








Irony is just honesty with the volume cranked up.

Warm up: foam roller and ball, 100 sit ups to warm up up back.

10 sets of 240 DL at 5 reps each

10 sets of board push up burpees 5 reps each

10 sets DB hammer curls 65# 5 reps each.



Afternoon session:

double side haft snatch: 12kgx10,14kgx10 and work set of 2-16kgx10x12.

This is harder than a single snatch but seems to train the lower posterier of the body a lot more than the single. I did rest after each set on 15-30 sec. to chalk up so I completed the routine in less than 12 min. anyway a great exercise for a change. Next time I will use the 20kg.


Volume is what I spend most of my time with on all exercises. Now that does not mean I spend a long time doing a exercise, it my be at times performing as few as 1 or 2 reps for 20 sets. That volume. At times I will do the same exercise 100-500 reps. That may sound extreme, but we don't know for sure what are true limitations are. So until I find a true expert source that can tell me what is a effective training volume, I will continue to push until my body says back off.

exercise volume has another benefit, and that is developing mental tenacity.


No comments: