Sunday, December 14, 2008

keep the joints oiled

Dec.15th. Monday







The joint lubrication was not what it was when I was competing, and I decided that not having arthritis or rheumatism for the rest of my life was a lot more important to me than returning to the track.
Edwin Moses

WO du jour: Warm today so I when out for a bike ride on the roads. Used my MT bike to traverse the landscape on roads with some residual ice and lots of sand. 15 miles was good.
afternoon:
Joint mobity prior to the Kettlebell press workout.
30,40,50lbs 10 reps each arm for three sets seated.
standing 5 sets of 5 with 60, and 70 lbs kettlebells.
85 lbs DB one arm rowing 10 sets of 10.
weighed chin-ups sets of 2 with 35 lbs.

I always now work on joint mobility to repair some of the range of motion lost from many years of training and not addressing that important function.

No comments: