Friday, December 26, 2008

Dec 27th suck up the winter.

Dec 27th.
Just because its winter does not mean you stop kettlebell lifting, especially if you live in Russia.



I look to the future because that's where I'm going to spend the rest of my life.


-George Burns


WO Du jour:
Bike ride with bike club. Cold but roads were clear. Feels good to be back in the saddle. Heaver that I want to be but as time goes on I should lean out some, with the increased mileage.

Second wo:
warmup with stretch bands and 2-12kg. side bottoms up swings 2x20 reps

2-32kg. kettlebell deadlift 15 reps
2-20 kg kettlebell dead hang clean.12 reps
2-20 kg kettlebell front squat. 9 reps
2-20kg kettlebell push jerk 6 reps
5 rounds for time: 14:50

I believe most of us that do a majority of our fitness training outside, especially in the north, reduce the volume due to shorter daylight and poorer weather conditions. But if you think about periodization at all we really need some taper time and do an active rest period some time during the year. You just can't maintain high intensity year round,or "Johnny becomes a dull boy"
So when november rolls around I start to back off on outside training,like biking and Crossfit and spend more time in small boxes until the snow leaves and slowly rebuild the volume and intensity starting in end of febuary. It has worked for me for many years of training and competing in various sports.


Dec 26th.

Rest day: 2 mile run at a quick pace.

No comments: