Sunday, November 25, 2007

Out in the cold

Nov.25th
" Its not enough to do your best, sometimes you have to do what is required of you."
Winston Churchill


WOD RSR

400 meter run
100 air squats
400 meter run
75 air squats
400 meter run
50 air squats
400 meter run
25 air squats
Time 18:58

I decided to try this routine RSR or run-squat-run, when the temperature was too low to bike, as it was 12deg.F this morning so this will will have to do. This would be a good routine for preparing for some hard trail runs. I was reminded after the third 400 meter run and the squats as my quads had no feeling like when you have been running for several hours on the trail. I could do this for long time, because I have experienced the fun or running for hours with legs having no feeling except each time your foot hits the ground. The cold weather did not help my speed any, but I just wanted to put some time in under a little stress. No sweating today, but you still have to maintain hydration regardless of thirst mechanism. However, a brandy would be good after a cold run, but since I don't have none at this time the Vodka will have to do.

The mission sacred

No comments: