Tuesday, November 06, 2007

the bells are ringing.

Nov.5th

"Ask advice of only of your equals"
Danish Proverb.

WOD

3 rounds for time.

10 pullups
20 box jumps
20 KB wall balls
20 double unders
20 thrusters DB
20 landmine twists.
28 min. and one hell of a session. (I must have made this up for someone else)

Sometimes I am often asked to were to purchase Kettlebells for ones self. Well I have samples of most of all the brands out there so I can provide some guidance on the acquisition process. When you first decide to get your own Kettlebells, you should evaluate your strength and usage so you can determine what size to purchase. Size does matter you know. Its best to start a little heavy as you grow into the resistance quickly if you practice often. consider a next size up as well depending on your discretionary income. Next Kettlebells come in units of measure of pounds and Kilos. The traditional sizing is kilos but we Americans never did adopt to the change to the metric system so they also come in pounds. However some companies only carry one type of units usually.
Cost will give you "sticker shock" as they are two to three time more expensive then a dumbbell. The to top that off is the absorbent shipping cost. The shipping cost is usually one third of the base price of the kettlebell. After knowing all that you may wonder it its worth it and just buy dumbbells. I not going to compare the difference or similarities of kettlebell VS dumbbells, all I know I never took a dumbell on vacation, to the park or to the gym, but I always carry a kettlebell to practice.
I have my personal preferences in regards to kettlebells and that is no so much manufacturer but quality of the handle and sizing which has to have a constant size diameter from the smallest to the largest. I could care less of the paint color as I paint my own as they get scratched fast when you use them aggressively.

No comments: