Wednesday, November 21, 2007

back in the saddle

Nov. 21th.

" Perpetual optimism is a force multiplier."

Colin Powell.

WOD "Helen" for time.

400 meter run

21-24kg American swings

12 pull ups.

The run and the swings were no issue, but doing the pull ups really suck the first thing in the morning.

12:47 sec. time


I received my new Concept II rowing machine today. It's my third machine in a series of upgrades the company has done since 1981. My first Concept II was the A model in 1982 when they first come on the market. At that time I used it as cross training for trail running. I even when so far as to compete in the CRASH-B indoor races a couple of years. If you want to feel what is like to die and come back to life, then compete in erg rowing. I had a model B and C which I lost in a fire a couple of years ago.

Anyway, the new model D is a fine piece of equipment to add to my gym. It is also a major activity in CrossFit workouts and if you have ever used one, you see why they have chosen this one piece of equipment as the lone machine in a CrossFit gym.

To try out the new model, I set it for a couple of 500 meter pieces to see where I stand in regards to my rowing. Both pieces under 2 mins. so I have a way to go to get down to the 1:30 zone, but I see its going to be fun getting back in the saddle.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your new rower! Great place to work off any extra pumpkin pie we may have devoured today.
Happy Thanksgiving -
Kim - fellow Crossfitter
Santa Cruz, CA