Sunday, April 23, 2006

Rain on my parade, will you

Sunday:
Raining today, however considering the fire threat in the area, its just as well that the rain is coming. This means inside on the spinners.
Did some rack DL in the gym. Yes I also go to a "ken and barbie" style gym. Of coarse they are not that accustomed to having 5-600# banging in the rack. The barbell that was setup before me had a bar and 5# plates for rack curls by some twit. Used straight overhand grip until it failed which is usually around #450 then I have to switch to alternate grips.
The other thing that I never could get use to was the big plasma screen TV's so when you are on the threadmills you can watch the soaps. I rather watch the ladies and I run outside then watch mind sucking TV.

Spinning class was excellent as the instructor was the "I going to put you through hell" type. It was an advanced class but you can only make a spinning bike just so hard. I could never get my pulse rate (PR) as high as when running up hills, so I don't consider this a HIT.
Like my friend on the SEAL team would say, "Today was your last easy day"

No comments: