Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Legs today: Pain is weakness leaving the body......so they say.

I started to use Kettlebells for most of my leg strength training for the last year. Prior to that I used the squat bar on the back as I have done for most of my powerlifting years. Since I have been able(mostly throught luck) to avoid surgery to my Glenohumeral joint during heavy squat cycles, I am happy to report that my legs have not look better or fuction since going to kettlebells and don't miss the bar compressing my traps into jelly. What is real humbling, is doing hack squats with a 24KB and struggling to get a few reps, when you have squated 500# in the past.
I still do deadlift with the barbell as I always will, but the squating with the bar on my sholders is history. If I remember, most of the big squats were in squat suits which is the primay reason I left powerlifting besides the drugs. I could tolerate the drugs but not the bench or squat suits. They said it was for safety....my ass! it to lift more dummy. I got injured more with the suits then I do now going "raw"(no belt either)
1st session:
Kettlebell full Squat: 2-16Kgx10x2/1-24Kgx10x1/2-24Kgx5x5/
Kettlebell Hack squat: 1-16Kgx5x5 (new execise)
DB overhead squat 10,15,20,25,30# one set each arm very slow eccentric-great for TVA
Wide grip BB curl 95x5x5

2nd session: Romanian DL singles 135#to #405
45 min. Spin class: Too cold to bike outside, besides its good to check out the ladies.

No comments: