Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Planned over training


April 29th.

" To be warn out is to be renewed."

Lao-Tzu


WO du Jour:


Warmup: bands and mobility


Heavy Kettlebell Thrusters: 15 singles starting with 16g and ending with 32Kg.


Most of my training can be construed as over training by the casual observer, However, It is planned and calculated to be random overload, light load and recovery. Then on occasion, when physical adoption is working well, an extreme session is performed to see if the recover stage is working. I really can't nor do I like the classical Periodization, for it is too structured and may not bring the level of fitness intended, based on other activities within my lifestyle that impact my energy reserves.

1 comment:

eleighj said...

What types of movements or exercises do you perform with the bands? Enjoy the blog.