Thursday, April 10, 2008

crank up the miles along with the reps

April 10th
" We actually have in our body and its muscles to allow us to be under our own power"
Allegra Kent.
WO du jour:
warmup: abmat, bands, pushups,jump rope, air squats ,Battling ropes.
10 sets of 10 reps of the following for time:
dumbell squat cleans: 25#x10 x5 sets
kettlebell squat cleans: 14kg x10x5 sets
clapping pushups: 10 sets of 10
15:45

Stiff session after a couple of days off. split the squat cleans with dumbells and kettlebells. The dumbells are hard on the wrists, and the kettlebells are easier on wrist, but effect the legs the better. The weight used was light and will use more the next time, but the pushups need some work as I don't normally do plyo pushups in thoes numbers. I did put a pad under the chest as I lost strength toward the end and my chest slammed into the ground due to slow timing on the pushup return.

Started a plan for getting back to my biking to some level of consistency with has been lacking since the start of winter. This means the sight seeing trips are over except on the weekends. My quads are killing me already.

Did a 15 mile loop in interval form but at a moderate heart rate and started to pick up the stress on hills. I am real lucky to have lots of hills be make my life uncomfortable.





No comments: