Monday, November 03, 2014

Winter is coming on like a freight train




11/2/14

Well winter has arrived, based on the temperature, clocks turned back and the short day light days.  Myself, I try not to get into a funk and not go out and train in the elements both endurance and strength.  Suck it up and move on.

To motivate one’s self you have to program your brain in Spartan mode, that you will not be detour you work.  Do what is necessary to dress and find new ways to accomplish your outside training, as not to lose the momentum of your sunny day, fitness levels.

This also goes for inside the gym workouts, as I see an obvious decline in smiling faces as the year comes to an end. This does not mean that you can’t do some tapering of effort; as you can’t push year round when you should be cycle your program for the next stage.

Today I went out and did a bike ride for an hour in area where I could bail out if I got too cold and my equipment selection was not right for the conditions. It was not comfortable riding in 30-40 deg. Temperatures and windy, but it was not bad as soon as I was out for awhile. However, body temperature does drop so I will not have to limit the time on the roads and make it up with some quality time on the turbo or C2 rower. It’s all good!

As for my indoor training I will spend more time perfecting techniques that I suck at. Boy, that’s going to be fun!

Today training:

100 24Kg one arm Kettlebell swings/100 jumping jacks/100 sit-ups/joint mobility drills/

100 kettlebell one arm swings.

Goblet squat with KB for mobility.

Three exercises performed continuous without rest periods:

Step up squats off 16” box. 5 sets of 5 with 2-25,30,35,40,40lbs DB.

Trap bar DL: 150-225# 5 sets of 5 reps

KB alt pressing 5 sets of 5 reps 2-16Kg.

Weighted carries: 2-dumbbell 60-75lbs farmers walk

 Ken

“The mission is sacred.”   

No comments: