Friday, November 07, 2014

Landmine press...sounds explosive!



11/5/14

Back to the my personal  “box” today, for working on things I don’t do enough of. That list in long!

Jump rope,100 heavy Kettlebell swings, joint mobility concentrating on legs and shoulders, Indian clubs, bands stretching, and weighted sit-ups.

For the winter months it’s going to be working on things I don’t do enough of or I suck at. Therefore today, its Farmers walk with dumbbells, landmine pressing, and two Kettlebell front squats for today.

I have a Landmine apparatus attached to my power rack for all types of exercises that can be performed with a barbell and plate using on end of the bar. Its very user friendly and great for glenohumeral mobility. You normally don’t see this used too often, but it has value for working angles and movement patterns you don’t get with the basic lifts or exercises.  It can be directed in a push-pull motion or in traversal movements for a great ab exercises, which I use as a warm up.

5 sets of 5 reps Landmine press, 2 kettlebell front squats 5,3,2,2, reps up to 24kgs.6 sets of farmers walk with 2 DB, up to 65lbs each hand.(great for grip) And finish up with 50 burpees.

Later I worked on the heavy bag for I min rounds. Life it good!

Ken

This mission is sacred. 

No comments: