Friday, February 26, 2010

big snow storm so we stay home and train

Feb 25th.


Today’s training:


10 min on heavy bag hands, elbows, knees and legs.


500 meters rowing 8 sets


20-24 kgs kettlebell standing press: 8 sets of 10 after each rowing interval.


50 reps GHD back and abs.


Afternoon:


10 min on heavy bag and speed ball


21,15,9 reps AFAP


20 kg thrusters L/R


Pullups


7:49 actually this is a expected time as you double up on the squats. My squats were actually deeper than when I use two dumbbells or kettlebells.

A kettlebell “Fran” with a single bell was good for a change as it requires more leg work then a barbell or 2 kettlebells. Pull-ups is the only thing that slows me down as I don’t do kipping pull-ups but slowly working on them as my shoulders respond.

Heavy snow storms today so no traveling. I am lucky to have my gym 30 feet from my house so there is no excuse for not training. Even so, if you can’t make the gym for a normal workout, there is body weight exercise to keep you from the gilt normally associated from not training.

Where you train should not be fixed. When I say fixed, you should feel comfortable training anywhere so there is always an option no matter the time or place you may be. If you are go to the same place to train day after day, most become stale or stagnant in regards to improvement. I am a "normad" trainer and sometimes train in a differnet place each day of the week.

Feb. 24th.

Today’s training


2 mile run in interval form. About 200 meter sprints


Heavy bag for 15 min.

Feb. 23rd

Todays training:


Morning: short run


Warm-up: Indian Clubs and heavy bag


Heavy dumbbell side swings 3 sets of 20 reps


Iron cross with 12 kg kettlebell.


Kettlebell snatch 3 rounds of 4 min sets @18 reps per min.


2 sets of long cycle @ 8 reps per min.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think, that you are mistaken.