Tuesday, February 23, 2010

There may be a long run in my future

Feb. 22


Today’s training:


Warmup: Indian clubs,jump rope and SHOT


Deadlift: 5 sets of 3 reps


Renegade Row: 5 sets of 5 reps


Kettlebell Push jerk: 2-16kg for 100 reps


Barbell Power cleans: 5 sets of 3 reps


Afternoon:


Short run on my hill. Going down is good but going up is a lung buster as I forgot


5 sets of pushups, leg ups, squats and reverse row.


50 reps of Kettlebell push jerk.

I was off this weekend so I felt real fresh today. Heavy deadlifts, and dumbbell rows. The run on my road, which I have not run in a long time because of the hard incline until my calfs become adjusted to the stress. Based on today, its going to be a little time before I blitz the mile climb.

Now today one of my good old friends wants to run the Marine Corps marathon in the fall. Now my friend is not the kind of person that will normally try to run a 5k let alone a full marathon. He smokes and has a sit down job and never exercises. On the up side he has run a marathon many moons ago so its not like he doesn’t not know the routine. If he makes a good effort to run, I will join him but I am not cutting 30 lbs for this little adventure it he not suffering as well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i very adore your own posting way, very unique,
don't quit as well as keep penning for the simple reason that it just simply well worth to read it.
excited to look into way more of your stories, have a good one!

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.