Tuesday, April 14, 2009

your junk, my gold

April 15th.



Another hero has passed on.






WO du jour:

Warm up with bands and 25 burpees/pullups


"DT" A memory of SSgt. Tim P Davis,26 vet died in the line of duty in Feb.

5 sets without stopping each of three lifts. Stop at the top of each clean, then do a seperate set of push presses.

165lbs BB deadlift 12 reps

100lbs BB dead hang clean 9 reps

100lbs BB push press. 6 reps

9:20

Took a 15 mile bike ride in the afternoon as it was a nice day.


A close friend of mine, has a junk yard. Every so often he has some weights to dump at my house for me to enjoy. Yesterday, he asked me if I still needed any more weights? My friend showed my a pile of major size hex dumbells from 80lbs to 120lbs which completes my set, I guess. WOW what a find! Someone left the weights at the junk yard just to get rid of them. They were not that scratched up that much, so who ever owned them did not have the training to utilize such large size dumbells. Hell, maybe I won't neither, but I going to try. I do prefer kettlebells but I have always alternate some exercises with dumbells for verity. The larger hex dumbells are a bitch to move around as though they add an extra 10 lbs to the number on the end. Well it not every day you get a 1000 lbs of weights as a gift.

1 comment:

Philip. A said...

Man thats a nice set of heavy DB you got there congrats. Good friend you got.