Friday, April 03, 2009

deal the cards

April 5th

WO du jour:
53 mile bike ride on a cool windy morning. Great ride at a moderate pace.



April 4th.


just deal the cards


WO du Jour:





warm up: don't need one today!


take a deck of cards and assign a exercise to each suit and 10 reps for face cards, 15 reps for aces and an extra special like a quarter mile or haft mile run.





Well, I went through 40 cards in 30 min. I set the time limit to maintain intensity as it was not hard to complete the hole deck in about 45 min. or so.


I did get both jokers so I had to do the runs. As for the exercises, kettlebell thrusters, snatches, pull ups and burpees. You wind up doing a lot of varied exercise in a short time period.








April 2


WO du jour:

morning: 20 min bike ride on hilly route. very good ride spent more time in the saddle when climbing as it is more efficient for me then pumping out of the saddle with my current body weight. I always knew this but some how developed a lazy habit of climbing hills using too much energy when it was not efficient.

Did a special kettlebell boot camp for a friend at nite. She brings in instructors to augment her program so her clients never get stale with the same old workout. Boot camp style workout sessions gives the instructor a lot of variation in regards to equipment, type of exercise and environment.

No comments: