Monday, September 18, 2006

Fall coming

Sept 18th 2006
I got to thinking that with the on coming fall-winter, its time to rethink my training in regards to outside volume, which tends to drop off due to the weather. I can still get in 70% of my biking even in the winter, if the snow is not to heavy, but this year I am going to do something different, and add in more body weight exercises in the form of HIIT routines to keep fitness level at summer levels. Periodization??? Rest??? well, well winter is recovery time but not total down to become fat. Crosstraining???? No we do that all the time so we won't go there. I will start with adding to each session a combo of exercises like birpees using pushups and pullups in tabata form.

Monday: morning session: Ab wheel with sumo style high pull for warmup. fast sets.
Snatches: 2-16kg 10x2, 1-20kgx10x1, 1x24kgx10x2, 32kgx3x4, 36kgx1x3. first time for the 36kg, not that bad.

At gym: deadlifts stiff legged and conventional. 135 to 315# high speed snatches with 24kg 5 sets for cool down.

15 mile bike ride for recovery. Easy pace. quads sore from squats. Hit the hot tub.

Good day for a Monday.

No comments: