Wednesday, March 03, 2010

too many kettlebells so little time to use them all

Mach 2nd


Todays training:


Morning:


2 mile run in park. Warm and had a great run. Must be the change in weather.


Later in the morning.


Warm-up: Indian Clubs, joint mobility


50 reps pushups, jumping pull-ups, leg ups, and squats


5 rounds no time, 2 kettlbells……… can be set down after the 9 reps each set.


1 rep standing press (28kg, last set 32kg just 4 reps).


3 reps push press


5 reps push jerk


Good strength session but ran out of ATP on the last set.

I was looking at my inventory of kettlebells, which is more than gyms have, and will start to get rid of some of my old non competition bells. I was told a few years ago by Steve Cotter that I would be getting rid the completion bells weather I was competing in GS or not. They are just more ergonomically efficient for all types of training instead of the fat handle style. 85 percent of all kettlebells sold are non competition style you see people using, however most train with the kettlebell in exercise that they could just as well use a dumbbell or barbells. One example would be a kettlebell bent rowing, that has no advantage over using a dumbbell, besides you can have more weight selection from 5-200 lbs.

1 comment:

Howie B said...

Good job Ken. Is it like Spring up by you?

I am still keeping some of the lighter non-competition bells for when I teach. The comp bells are just too expensive to stock up on right now. Little by little though, they will get replaced.