Wednesday, March 10, 2010

a review of Kettlebell lifts and form.

March 8th.


Today’s training

10 Reps Towards KB Perfection(Jeff Martone’s Tactical Athletic blog)

Prescribed weight – whatever you need to perform perfect reps. Perform 10 reps each arm for all one-arm exercises. My weights ranged for 40kg on the floor press to 16kg on the TGU to get good form. No rest between sets.


10 One-arm Floor Presses R/L
10 Arm-Bar Stretches R/L
10 Double Floor Presses
10 Turkish Get Ups R/L
10 Military Press R/L
10 Push-Presses R/L
10 Russian Swings-GS
10 Power Swings
10 American Swings
10 Swing Releases
10 One-Arm Swings R/L
10 Half Rotations Switches
10 H2H Switches
10 KB Dead Cleans R/L
10 KB (Swing) Cleans R/L
10 Bottoms-up Cleans R/L
10 Double KB Cleans
10 Thrusters
10 Snatches R/L

Jeff has a great WOD in this session as it covers all of the major moves and make for a great review like myself who sometimes forgets to use some of the basic moves like the Turkish get up. I really do suck at the Turkish get-up and do it so infrequently I think because I only did it during workshops or certifications. I guess it’s time to bring it back into my routine every so often.

No comments: