Friday, March 05, 2010

Don't close my parks!

March 4th.
this is one of the better views of one of the parks I trail run(when the snow is gone) It takes about 45 mins from the road to get to this ledge, but its worth it.







Today’s training:

~2 mile run in the park. Another good run and starting to get my ultra stride back making it fun again.
Back to the gym at Fair Oaks: now world famous
Warn up Joint mobility and Indian clubs
Power dead hang cleans  with barbell. Concentrate on speed and force transfer from feet


Push jerks: up the rack of kettlebells from 12 to 32kg. sets of 10 each arm with the power cleans. Over 120 reps
Heavy dumbbell cleans; 4 sets . from the hang but no swing


36kg swings to cool down.

Later in the day worked on Log press…….yes I have a lifting log for strongman sets. Just over a 100 lbs to work on the technique, but later I want to get to clean 300 sometime this year but pressing it will not happen no doubt. It one of my many toys I have fun with.


My wife wants me to get rid of my beat up kegs. I rarely use them and they are an eye sore. I have two almost brand new so I can shead some junk.


Our state governor has decided to close some(26) state parks to save money and take care of budget short fall as the state spends money like a drunken bum. These parks are a source of low cost family recreation for those can least afford other more expensive forms of entrainment. Nothing like improving the quality of life in our state, governor, so it no wonder there is a net loss in state population . Did you do this to piss people off so everyone feels the pain, when he cuts education and transportation, so no one feels left out? Well our governor who is under pressure to resign for a number of illegal actions will be gone soon, but his fallout last for a long time.

I have used two of the state parks set for closure, for the last 25 years, as part of my training programs, so I see the use in all the seasons by hikers, bikers, picnicking, and swimming, or just plain nature walking. It is the various hiking trails, which are some of the best on the east coast where I use for my trail running. Is that going to change my usage? Hell no! I will jump the fence or whatever obstacle the state puts up and do what I always do, run the trails and dodge the snakes.

There is nothing like the primal act of running the hiking trails, which is a combination of running, climbing and walking to recover so you can spend several hours in very intense exercise. Most people think of trail running, they think cross country running. Cross country may have dirt paths or trails but they don’t have the obstacles like rocks or very steep inclines that require the use of hands to pull yourself up and catch rocks and trees to decelerate on the way down. It not uncommon to have to traverse a rapid icy steam or a muddy swamp, if it’s on the map. Then depending on the time of year, there is the bugs, snakes, and even bears. All this can be a fun experience and not some fanatical arranged training session.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hola


You will not believe what I just found! [url=http://www.foolioo.com]Foolioo.com[/url] makes [url=http://www.foolioo.com]free[/url] custom website for free. Yep! That's right, FREE!
Never thought it'd be so easy to get a free website and I really had to tell you guys.



So if you're looking for a free website, give these guys a try.



Cheers

Anonymous said...

Hello,

can anyone tell me which is the best counter strike guide ? :)...i found this one :

http://www.downloadzdb.com/Counter_Strike_Best_Guide

What do you hither roughly it ?

Thanx in advance

Sorry for my bad english :s