Thursday, March 04, 2010

excuses not welcome

March 3nd
Todays training:
Morning:

Kettlebell class
Later in the morning.
Warm-up: Indian Clubs, joint mobility
20 min on c2 rower


Skills work on GS cleans and snatch. Time to fine tune as the training is increased.

I was talking to someone I was training who was on vacation for a week. The lament was that there was no exercise the past week and there was some guilt. I have heard hundreds of excuses for not continuing one exercise program as though I would be angry or upset, but I learned long ago that I can only show you the way to get well, and It is up to the individual to maintain the effort by fitting it in your life style.

The best way to maintain an exercise program is to ask yourself each time you train, “what am I doing this for?”if you don’t have a good answer based on a pre conceived mental model, then you will not continue training, and get results. There has to be an emotional connection and plan to what you do or it just temporary activity.

This young lady is doing something to get her picture taken, but I like to know what she is trying to accomplish. I hope she does not have implants or they will rupture.....What!  I am only looking after her safety.

No comments: