Monday, June 22, 2009

june 21st.




June 21



This comes under the heading"if you have to ask, you probably won't understand"









WO du jour: Complete the American Kettlebell Certification this weekend.

What can I say? It was a hell of a weekend in Long Island for the American kettlebell Certification. I must confess that I did not attend just to get another certification like the ones that paper the walls of my Gym, but to be come part of a movement that fulfills my need to have a continuous improvement program for my fitness. It was well worth the time, effort, and money.


The group was separated in two squads with "blue squad" was coached by Capt. Mike, and silver squad by Marty Farrell. As the evolutions in both squads were being exercised, Head Coach Valery Fedorenko, who is a Master of Sport consciously roamed the floor correcting everyone. So all during each exercise, you were never with out some one checking or optimizing you form.

We got to see two 1o min. sets by two canidates for level increases.

It was not 5 minutes into the program, that you get a flavor for what was to be the program du jour. We started with 3 min timed sets of long cycle cleans for various rep sets per min. You would think that the slower would be easier, but setting in the rack position for long period can be uncomfortable (painful sometimes. My problem is my arms are too big and chest is in the way of a good elbow position,therefore until I find a better option, it going to be painful trip.

During the two day each participant did at least 30 timed sets that broke down each lift in all its components. No stone left unturned in regards to techinque, being so inportant in GS kettlebell sport.

I can recommend the America Kettlebell Club as a must for any serious trainer or fitness profession who want the best coaching methods. I got to meet a lot of great people who I hope to see and work with in the future.












No comments: