Thursday, March 13, 2008

no I am not "dirty harry"

March 13: Thursday
"Man is so made that he can only find relaxation by one kind of labor by taking up another."
Unknown.

WO du jour:
warm up: Joint mobility:

Grip-taskic kettlebell routine for 10 min.
#1 "crusher gripper" 10 reps each hand

at the range:

100 rounds of reload .44mag shooting at 50'
100 rounds of .22 Olympic style target.

I focused on one of the basic fitness components and that is accuracy. When shooting a gun especially a pistol requires a combination of eye control, endurance, grip strength and low pulse rate. I Ideal shooter is one that has no pulse, total concentration, and muscle control of one finger you can hit any target. As we all now, we have a pulse that constantly moves your body no matter how well you relax. Therefore the fitter you are the lower you pulse rate.

There is a endurance issue in shooting so that you can hold the weapon for long periods of time in a relaxed state. This is difficult in an experienced shooter and and even a 30oz pistol become like a lead weight after a few minutes of shooting. This is where work capacity comes in. Remember doing 100 push ups? There the gun will not feel that heavy in the long term.

Anyway, I have not been to the range in some time, but since my pulse rate is lower than the last year my score was improved without shooting practice.
My .22 shooting was right on. and my .44 mag shooting was solid and did not have the hand fatigue as in the past with all the kettlebell work.

No comments: