Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Kettlebell "Linda" can be a bad lady.

Dec.24th.

Training today:
warm up with stretch bands, and Indian clubs. De load back as there is a lot of back work.

Kettlebell Crossfit "Linda" Oh no not that again!
10,9,87,6,5,4,3,2,1, reps on each AFAP.

2-40kg kettlebell deadlift( was not my 1.5% but I have not been training heavy in weeks.)
2-20kg kettlebell floor press: shoulder sore form Tues. so back off a little.
2-20 kg cleans: that was good but not that easy.
16;56 not a bad time but is was still challenging.

I like using kettlebells most of the time as our friend Jeff Martone does with his Crossfit combo using kettlebells. When the lift can be done at a higher resistant like the front or back squat, or the deadlift, there is little sense in using kettlebells for those applications, that are too light or can be done better with barbells or dumbells.

Now if you look at my Linda crossfit WOD, I have to be lifting more than 280lbs on the deadlift so my biggest two kettlebells are 175lbs if I use 2 bells, so Ireally need to use a barbell or if I want to add some real stress, or I can use 135 lb dumbells. I have done this once, but using the larger dumbells to replace the barbell is much difficult. That my opinion!

As for the the bench press, I don't do benching anymore as it cause so much damage to my shoulders when I competed in powerlifting that I prefer floor press that puts me in a favorable shoulder extention and less flexion. Also I don't like to being in a physical position of submission.

a Kettlebell clean, with two bells which can exceed my capacity to clean two bells. At this time I am looking at max lift of 2-28kg as my bench mark on the cleans.

latter in the day was a 3 mile walk/run.

have a great holiday and remember the mission is sacred.

No comments: