Monday, October 22, 2007

Getting it up

Oct.22

"Nothing great in this world has never been accomplished without passion"
George Wilhelm.

How do you get up(emotional) for a hard training session? Here is a crossfit type session:

Pain storm;
Kettlebell 2-24Kg dead lift, push ups, and 2-12Kg Kettlebell cleans
20,19,18,17,16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1 (630 reps)

Well I never did this session prior so I did not know how long it would take so my plan of attack was to start a 20 reps and work down. I also knew I would not push the time too hard as I was not too sure the legs were going to hold up for 200 reps on the dead lift, however I was determined to get as far a possible without injury. Unlike people who go to a gym and look at TV to disassociate their pain and boredom, I focus on ever detail of the session so I know when I am falling apart or getting to sloppy to continue. The time when by so fast that 29 minutes seem like 5. However, I don't recommend this session for a beginner.

No comments: