Monday, November 15, 2010

Try some TACTFIT kettlebell exercises.

November 14th.


3 mile run in park in early morning with my routine par course body weight exercise. Run was a stiffer pace but now not where I want to be, however, when my weight drops down I can pick the pace up without trashing my joints.

KB Swings to loosing up after run and worked on some TACFIT kettebell techniques.

I have not got heavy into Scott Sonnon’s TACFIT Kettlebell workout, but I have been adding some of his special Kettlebell program to my basic Crossfit WODs since it came out three weeks ago. Really, I don’t have to follow his complete program or be into tactical training, but many of the exercises and body weight techniques can bring some movement variation you don’t get with GS, powerlifting or Oly lifting. ITS ALL GOOD! However, I think Scott designed it to be an add on anyway and not a complete fitness program.


So far the biggest benefit is going to be the mobility aspect to the exercises as most of them are designed for fighting type movements especially ground to traversal changes. All are full body-non isolation. It going to take some time to get to all the movements working and some I will not be able to perform, especially with a 32kg pro KB, due to some biomechanical deficiencies…..inflexible you know.


I have most of Scott’s DVD’s as well as all the other major Kettlebell trainers. Each has its own strengths none is better that the other, they all have something you can apply. Like the late Bruce Lee would say; “absorb what is useful and discard the rest”. I have always believed in that.
Nov.13th.
Warm-up; Stretch bands, 1# Indian Clubs, jump rope, light dumbbells, pullys, and body weight and joint mobility.
Jump rope 10 min.( harder with the 25lb.Xvet.)
Crossfit WOD from SEAL Fit.
5 rounds (bench mark rep level is a lot higher.
5 burpees
10 Crossfit pushups( hands come off the ground at chest contact)
20 pullups (modified with no kepping)
30 squats
10 sets of 20 reps 20kg Kettlebell cleans.
Second session:
Heavy bag for 30 min. hands, legs knees….you get the idea.

Great session outside as the weather was like spring in November

No comments: