Sunday, January 24, 2010

How about some Kettlebell chair press.

Jan 22:

Today's training:
A good warm up with Indian Clubs, stretch bands, and joint mobility jump rope.



Convict Conditioning: 30 burpee/pull-ups and 100 leg ups on bench. All performed slow speed.


Kettlebell cleans: 20 kg Kettlebell: 1 min fast sets of 25 cleans.


50 chair press.Have not done much chair pressing in some time but with my big chest, the rack position is a not my best act. I even tried the 40kg. for a couple of reps to see if the shoulder are still active.

You have heard the thoughts of people that retire or looking forward to retirement , that it is a time to reduce stress and pursue the easy life. Not good! You need stress to produce cortisol, a necessary hormone produced by the adrenal glands. If you enter your retirement years devoid of stress, you may not have a long life.

Now the problem is to get applied stress that is induced in sufficient levels so it can become adoptive and is done in conjunction with some kind a physical activity. This means that you have to keep adding some type of loading without overloading too much to be effective. Modern periodization protocols work with a very formalized plan of stress loading. Exercise as a stressor is not good for you if done in high doses that the body can not adopt to.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi mans. I am only I start to studyweight loss exercise program
I have visited a site http://program.v3host.be/?cat=83.
Much to our regret I have very little found out about it.
You can probably tell to me a good site about aerobic exercise program.
I will be very glad.
Thansk