Monday, January 25, 2010

compete or stay fit.

Jan 25
Today’s training:
Warmup: Indian clubs,and jump rope double unders.
Morning session:
Convict Conditioning 3 rounds: 20 pullups, 25pushups,30 leg ups,40 squats
50 reps snatch each arm @ 18reps per min.
2 mile run: raining like a bitch but then  again I am not melt.

Afternoon:
warmup with Indian clubs:
100 kettlebell snatches with 24kg in 20 mins.
Competition I always said, has little to do with fitness and more about ego and enterprise. Most people who start to play with a sport or physical activity slowly heads toward some kind of comparison with others to see who has the biggest member. Regardless of the sport, there is always a place to match yourself with others to see where you fall within the gene pool. That’s where your goal to be fit and health ends in most cases, as you are now on the fast track to optimize your sport at all cost.


A great example of this is amateur bodybuilders who take “juice” to get more mass and lower body fat. The amateur bodybuilder are not going to make money and the most notoriety he or she will receives is maybe a trophy or medal, which was really paid for with your entrance fee(what a deal). So let me get this stright, you used illegal substances that may harm your health just to compete and enhance your ego. Then there is the F.U. diet and overuse injuries we won’t dwell on until you reach 40.

Professional athletics are just as bad but they do make a living for a while and some even become rich. However, after they can no longer compete, they retire and never play their sport again because most are broken physically. To the professional the sport is a cash cow to be milked until it goes dry and has nothing to do with fitness and few ever attempt to promote their sport as a means of getting well and having a long life.  you as a spectator is another cash cow.

I personally competed in a number sports on a national level and in the process got a lot of personal satisfaction, made a lot friends, and even set some records. That’s only the good part, but I am left with a body that has been abused to make the events I entered completive. Example is my back has 4 fused disks and the remaining back is a mass of scar tissue and never made any money from it. Both shoulders have rotator cuffs tears that require surgery, but I refuse to go there and resigned to work around that as long a possible. WTK, by the time my shoulder becomes useless, they will be feeding me with an IV.(DNR) When you compete on the national level in powerlifting you train with resistance the body was never meant to handle. 400lbs bench press, 700lbs squats and 600 lb deadlift lifts year round for 15 years. Above all at no time when I was competing, the thoughts of being fit and having along life, never entered my mind once. It was all about the numbers and who I could beat!

My defining moment of clarity was when my old gym in the back of my house burned down with all my trophies inside, I decided to rebuild plus find a new mission of just staying fit and doing what I like to do. Now I rate my performance on my set of criteria or what is in my best interest, not someone else’s performance. T.I N.S.T.A.A.F.L.(There is no such thing as a free lunch)

Jan 24:
Todays training:
Warmup: 5000 meters on C2, heavy bag hands and legs. Indian clubs. TGU 5 sets.
Convict Conditioning 3 rounds 40 ass to floor squats, 30 GHD extentions, 20 KTE, 10 burpee /box jumps

Jan 23
Today training:
warm up with Indian Clubs, stretch bands, and joint mobility:
2000 meters on C2 (no 5k this week so I will run today)
Convict Conditioning:10,20,30,40 reps for 2 sets
Kettlebell LC: 1-5 min set.
5k practice run: flat coarse but cold so I dressed very warm. Run is getting better but at “two bucks” no speed record broken yet. I hate stretching after run, but this time I did and as you would expect, it help the recovery.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I normally don't leave comments but I just thought I'd let you know that this blog is great. I write too, but I can't
write as well as you do. Here are some of my writings. If you want to look at them, if not it's ok. anyway, thanks.

World of Warcraft PvP Tips
Velvet Assassin Review
Selling Magic Cards Online

Anonymous said...

Nice brief and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you as your information.

Anonymous said...

Brim over I acquiesce in but I about the post should secure more info then it has.