Friday, September 25, 2009

Kettlebell nukes?

Sept.25,
In order to make the 70 kg and keep the same physical size and configuration of lower weight kettlebells , you could use the density of depleted uranium.

WO du jour:
Indian club and stretch band warm up.
Long cycle 12kg 2 sets of 10 reps with 3osec. rest.
long cycle 16kg. 10 sets of 10 reps with 30 sec. rest.
push jerk 24kg 10sets of 5 reps.

I have not been blogging as of late due to remodeling my "workout box" which needed a face lift and reorganization. Its not a big place but then again I think I would fill the space regardless of size available. Anyway its looks much better and more organized. (pictures to come)

In regards to my training, its going well but have to adopt to the duel kettlebell lifting since I received my new set of pro kettlebells. Its not that organized in a periodzation or progression for training for timed sets, however, I did a 21 min one arm long cycle set with 16 kg with not too much problem, but its time to go with the twins. For a while it looks like some freelancing until I can master the 2 bells on the long cycle and push jerk.

I saw that picture the "monster bells". Let me say that push jerking 70kg kettlebell has got to feel like compact car on your ribs. All that being said, I think in order to keep the physical size of the pro kettlebell the same size as a 8,16,24kg you would have to increase the density of the base material from iron to lead or more exotic metal like depleted uranium with has 4 times the density of iron. Yes, they even use depleted uranium for counter weights on fork lifts,air planes and bullets, so there is hazard in a minor form if the metal is broken up and ingested in some way. For the mutants that use monster bells, it is not a danger if you make contact with a kettlebell made from DU but you should know what you are handling.



No comments: