Thursday, July 26, 2007

sir can I have another ?

July 26Th.

I just completed my third now world famous 300 workout. No I am not trying out for the sequel, I just like the circuit type of training that they used. It down to 22 minutes which is not bad for a for a ageing fitness junkie, but I use my own standards to judge my progress. Anyway it not a bad Work out of the day, using Crossfit's terminology of rep, set combos and I am for the first time seeing progress in my external obliques. There is a small down side, your shoulders take a real beating from the pull ups or the KB presses. Our maybe the volume. My shoulders are like stone and sticking out like never before, and that's from someone who trains with Kettlebells five days a week in high reps.

As I finished today I could not begin to wonder what the rest of the fitness world is doing. Maybe I should be in a mega gym, walking on a gerblemill, staring at a plasma screen TV, looking at CNN latest Iraqi bombing. Or maybe I should had joined one the the classes, that sits on the plastic balls and curls 5 lbs lime green dumbbells. NO F#@K ing way! Besides, unless I have my Ipod, with Slayer music, I would have to hang myself from the power rack hearing all that dance music. No I am home in my Garage Gym, with all the tools necessay to become fit, strong and above all; effective.
25 assisted pullups
50 reps of barbell deadlift
50 pushups
50 flags with 95# barbell
50 clean and press with 16Kg kettlebell
50 box jumps on 20" box
25 pullups.
22 minutes time. or 2 minutes less than last week.

sir can I have another.

No comments: