Thursday, June 21, 2007

can you count to 300

June 21st.

I have been doing the now famous "300" workout that got the actors of the movie of the same name(or number) in condition. After doing it for the third week I can see improvement in endurance when pressing, but I still don't have the defined rectus abdominus you see in the movies. Well I did not expect that anyway but I just have to see if that type of crossfit type exercise will have that much effect. At least my pullups will improve as that has been stagnet for a long time. I did make one modification, on the routine as I found it more sholder friendly useing kettlebells for the flag movement in place of the barbell.
25 pullups: 12,8,5 ( I never could do a lot of pullups but its coming.)
50 deadlifts( 135# using rubber bumper plates so you don't make as much noise)
50 pushups ( I was aways good at pushups so this is not big deal)
50 box jumps( 20" approx concrete step- this is the most taxing you just have to suck this up)
50 Flags ( done with 20kg kettlebells in place of barbell. not easy no matter, to keep rotation)
50 16kg clean and press( since I can do a few with 40kg this is not that hard except on the sholders. I did lower the speed to keep technique in check.
25 pullups ( 10,10,5) It seems to get easier with a good walrmup.

Not bad for a quick 25 min. session.

21mile bike. 17.5 mph pace. weather is excellet. for riding.



No comments: