Saturday, July 28, 2007

If you are fast you my last.


Sat. July 28



Track training. It is the purest form of running and the best environment for hard intervals. I am lucky to have a modern rubber surface track near me so I no excuse not to do my sprints at least once a week. Today its 100 meters x 15 sets with 10 push ups on each set. Times were not taken until I feel my legs are back to pushing them to the limit. Pulse rate never got above 120BPM but its still good cardio.
Every time I go on the track to do sprints I think of Ben Johnson, the star who was kicked out of the Olympics for doping. Lets just say he as the only one caught at the time, but the image that people saw as a highly muscles track star who was jacked up on drugs. He did appear to be large but in reality, he only weighed a buck -seven but looked like two bucks. That is what low body fat can do it you train fast and hard.

No comments: