Wednesday, January 02, 2013

New Kettlebell organization formed


1/1/13

Happy New Year…..it’s not going to be a cake walk fans.
My training today:
Warm-up; Stretch bands, Indian Clubs, and joint mobility,  burpees.(suck)
Barbell deadlifts:  15 sets of 2 reps. ( couple of sets with bands)
Kettlebell Long cycle Press:  single Kettlebell for “strong sport” training: 15 sets of 3.
ring rows: feet elevated. With chains
GHD sit-ups
30 min on heavy bag; with some gear.

A new quality Kettlebell organization startup
            Pavel Tsatsouline, Chairman of the new Kettlebell and strength organization called    “ Strong First”, started up a couple of months ago. As you may or may not know, Pavel disengaged from the Dragon Door organization after being the primary mover of that business. Pavel is known for his RKC certifications of “Hardstyle” Kettlebell fitness, which has hundreds of certified trainers and well as a higher level trained senior or master lifters. His newly formed organization is based still on kettlebells, but more focus on other strength modalities. He has a great following so I can assume many of this senior trainers will follow him in this new venture.
            Just briefly looked at his program on his web site; http://www.strongfirst.com/ looks a lot like my mentor Jeff Martone; http://tacticalathlete.com/index.php both follow a strength, tactical and hardcore kettlebell fitness programming. I am happy for Pavel that he is moving on and looking forward to seeing where his organization develops.
            In the past I was never an active follower of Dragon Door style of kettebells when I first got involved in kettlebell lifting. I did purchase a few of those kettebells but found them too crude for my liking. I never could get in a lot of lifts without tearing up my hands due to the size and quality of the handles. Maybe it was just me, in hindsight. I even sanded to clean them up but being thick and different sizes was a short involvement for me. That’s when I found the Gervoy style kettebells (http://worldkettlebellclub.com/ ) the uniform style of sizing and hands even the ladies can approach.( remaining in my gym is two 10kg and two 40 kg “Hardstyle kettlebells, which I still use, but only cleaned and jerked the two 40kg Kettlebells once and now  just use them for swings and farmers walk)  
             I  did considered training with Pavel in the past, but he only had his certifications a couple times a year and just never could hook up. Pavel has a lot of great books on kettlebells and general fitness, especially joint mobility. I have all his books and DVD’s  which I recommend for some very practical points in regards to strength and fitness. I will continue to follow Pavel’s programming as it is one of the few out there that don’t make Kettlebells “Ken and Barbie” style lifting.

Ken

“The mission is sacred.”   

No comments: