Friday, October 19, 2012


10/18/12

 My  training today:

100  reps of 12kg KB snatch as warm-up, along with stretch bands, Indian clubs, ring pushups, ring rows.  Bike turbo 15 mins.

Trap bar deadlift:  6 sets of 5 reps:  with chains.  < 1 min rest.

Kettlebell floor press.  5 sets of 5 reps.(deLorme Protocol)

Dumbell tricept extention, pushup combo 3 sets.

Dumbell cleans. 3 sets of 10 reps.

Pavel’s “deLorme Protocol.

                Pavel, although noted for his very successful Kettlebell programs, he also excels in general fitness programs and joint mobility Russian style. He has a program called “Grease the grove” which is famous for progressive increases in any exercise you may want to add bigger numbers. I have used the “grease the grove” for a number of body weight movements, but stayed away from the weighs in that progression mostly except for snatching. Now I want to experiment with Pavel’s “deLorme Protocal” devised by deLorme and Watson.(Beyond body Building, Pavel,Dragondoor,2005) There is an Oxford protocol which is 10,10,10 progression similar to the 10,5,10 reps, but it is not as effective in previous experiments. (Arnheim & Prentice, 1993)

                The “delorme protocol” is a short progression using one of the lifts to increase muscle hypertrophy  and more strength in that lift.  Why it is not used to often, as it takes a lot of mental fortitude to go from 50% load to 100% is three sets. Few train or should train at 100% but this is based on the 10rep max. Example your best 10 rep bench press max:

200lbs is your100% 10 rep max bench

50% is the first set at 100lbs for 10 reps

75% is the second set at 150lbs for 5 reps

100% is the last set at 200 lbs for 10 reps

                As you can see, the progression from light to heavy is quick and very intense and a lot harder than it looks, once you try a set out. I chose to use as my experiment, the Kettlebell floor press for increasing my tricep strength without fucking up my shoulders anymore than they are. My first try was with a 16,20,28kg. The first grouping was good, but when I tried again with a second group, the last set took all to complete. Based on my experiment, I will only be doing no more than 2 rounds for now. When I want to increase, I will have to duck tape small plates to the bottom of the kettlebells to small increases. Shit maybe I should have used dumbbells! My goal is to get the 40kg for 10 reps, and keep shoulders so they can recover. (you only jump off the cliff once! Never a second time)

“The mission is sacred”

No comments: