Tuesday, November 28, 2006

snatch session.

Nov. 28th mostly devoted to dumbbell and Kettlebell snatch in morning.

Warm up on tai bag for 10 minutes. Light stretching and some foam roller to loosen up

snatches with Olympic dumbbell: 30#, 40# 50# 60# 70# 2-3 reps for speed.

Kettlebell snatches: 16kgx10,20Kgx10,24Kgx10,28kgx10, 32kgx7, 2-16Kgx10, 2-20kgx10x3

Stretching after.

My Kettlebell snatch technique is getting much better especially with doubles. Doubles do bring the heart rate up a little, but I don't see how I can get such girth between my thighs doing d0ubles with 32Kg and above. However I don't seem to be decelerate the bell when recovering from the top to take so stress off the arms effectively deceleration at this time.
On the other hand the Dumbbell Snatches are my one of my favorites but I have to build a small platform so I don't have to decelerate the dumbbell by guiding it to the floor to prevent the dumbell from lunching back into my shins.
For good information on the snatch or any of the basic lifts go to The Weightlifting Encyclopedia.by A. Drechsler. Its takes a year to read if you want to cover all the subjects covered.

No comments: