Wednesday, May 12, 2010

trap bar for hip strength

May 9th. Mothers day, Rest.
Last week I sent away for a tri bar for deadlifting. Its been many years since I have used a tri bar when competing in powerlifting meets. I have always been able to pull at least 30-40lbs over my current deadlift numbers with more favorable back health. Well the extra weight can be from the more centered position instead of the bar in front of the legs, but there is the pronated grip in place of the alternated deadlift hand spacing, which for me, is better grip strength and balance trap position.
May8th.
2 mile run on track with 200 meter intervals.
SHOT training
May7th
Warmup: Indian club and stretch bands warmup.
20 min on heavy bag hard strikes
100 wall balls with D-ball
Barbell clean and jerk
May 6th




2 hr. hiking trail run. Its been many years since I competed in trail running all over the country. I was blessed as I worked next to one of the best trails to train with. All levels of
difficulty.
May5th.
Warmup:
Boot camp for Kettlebells in morning.
Trap bar: (new bar just arrived) test out. 145-265 sets of 5 reps
Kettlebell push jerk: 16kg t0 28 kg sets of 5 reps
May 4th.
16 mile bike ride. Easy pace
Kettlebell cleans: lots of sets of 16-32kg





May 3rd.
2 mile run first thing in the morning. ‘
Second session:
100 reps 12 kg snatch for warmup.
“Randy”
75#x75 reps hand snatch with barbell.
3:58 sec. very good time at 20 reps per min.
Third session:
10 sets of 2-16kg push jerk
10 sets of pull-ups
100 abmats

No comments: